Why do we need your support?
There is a desperate shortage of qualified lipreading tutors. ATLA
- supports lipreading tutors
- provides bursaries to help students in training,
- helps new tutors to set up classes.
Lipreading and managing hearing loss classes give support and practical help to the millions of people who struggle to hear in noise, ensuring that they don’t become socially isolated, with all the health problems that can cause. Any help you are able to give will be gratefully received and well used.
Methods of payment
- Donate using Golden Giving, an ethical giving platform. Simply click on the logo.
- By cheque. Please make cheques payable to: “Association of Teachers of Lipreading to Adults” and post to: The Treasurer, ATLA, c/o Hearing LINK, 27-28 The Waterfront, Eastbourne, BN23 5UZ, UK
Gift Aid it!
You can add to the value of your donation by using Gift Aid. If you’re a UK taxpayer, Gift Aid increases the value of your charity donations by 25% because the charity can reclaim the basic rate of tax on your gift at no extra cost to you. If you donate though Golden Giving, you will be prompted to Gift Aid it. If you donate by cheque, please print off and complete this declaration.
Other ways to support ATLA
- Give as you Live – Give as you Live® donates money to charity whenever you shop online, and is an easy way to give. Most major retailers give a percentage of what you spend, at no extra cost to you. Amazon, M&S, John Lewis and thetrainline.com are just a few examples. Most large companies give a donation.
Getting started – go to www.giveasyoulive.com and follow the instructions to create your account and select ATLA as your chosen charity.
You can then raise money for ATLA by shopping online, provided you go through the Give as you Live® website each time. You can search for a store or product and see what percentage of your spend will be donated. So long as you follow the links on the Give as you Live® website the money will be donated automatically.
Some retailers give a larger percentage than others, for example Holland and Barrett give a generous 5% so for each £20 you spend ATLA will get £1.