Lipreading classes are great places to share tips for coping with difficult situations
Your teacher will be able to provide more information on any of these topics. Here we provide information and links to other useful websites and organisations.
Simply click on a page for more information:
- Using the phone
- Managing at the theatre and cinema
- Staying safe
- Mental health- help by text ADDED SEPTEMBER 2017
- Managing at work
- Managing at the GP or hospital
- Struggling even with hearing aids?
- Why can’t I understand speech? Information about your audiogram and the “speech banana”
- Travel tips
- Useful links
A very helpful website is Deaf Strategies, www.deafstrategies.org,
Deaf Strategies has been designed with hearing impaired people in mind. It brings together strategies that people with a hearing loss have found helpful to them in a variety of situations. We hope that people will be able to dip into this pot of ideas and what they find useful.