Vision – a world where lipreading classes are available to all those who need them
Purpose – to provide a professional and recognised association for teachers of lipreading to adults, and to work in partnership with others to ensure that everyone challenged by hearing loss has access to lipreading classes and appropriate support.
- Profile – to raise the profile and priority of lipreading, and those who are qualified to teach it, throughout the UK and beyond.
- Benefits – to generate awareness of the benefits of lipreading, related communication skills and tactics.
- Understanding – to promote understanding of the needs of people with hearing loss who want to use speech and/or lipreading to communicate.
- Quality – to promote the highest quality of lipreading teaching including continuous professional development
- Support – To provide support for members.